12 March 2011

Kansas Arkansas Texas Oklahoma Meteor Fireball 10MAR2011

Independence, Kansas large Green meteor fireball 9:40pm on March 10,2011
Mar 11 2011, 9:06 PM
Guest238 (guest) wrote: I live in Southeast Ks, Independence, around 9:40pm on March 10, 2011 I saw a very large Green meteor fireball, appeared to make it almost all the way to the ground aand of course it looked like it was only a couple of miles away, but it wasnt. My first Green Meteorite and Ive watched a long time..was very impressed

Springdale, Arkansas. large fireball 9:50PM 10MAR2011
Mar 11 2011, 11:31 PM
Guest45 (guest) wrote:witnessed large fireball from Springdale, Ar. 9:50PM

Plano, Texas Meteor with blue-green tail  ~9:50pm 10MAR2011
We saw one in North Dallas (Plano) around the same exact time! It had a blue-green tail and it looked very low flying --just overhead! It was incredible :) Best Birthday present yet!

Dallas, Texas  blue/green fireball ~9:50pm 10MAR2011
I saw a fireball last night in northeast Dallas that was also blue/green around the same time! I got so excited as I have never seen one before.

Dallas, Texas meteor 9:40-9:45 pm 10MAR2011
I live in Dallas, TX and saw a meteor on March 10, 2011 around 9:40-9:45 pm. It was absolutely stunning as it burned out through the sky. It appeared to have a red tail; gorgeous! I do wonder (this is a totally uneducated guess) if the meteor had anything to do with the earthquake in Japan....?  - Krista Springstead
Thank you for your report!
The meteor in Texas had absolutely no relationship to the event in Japan.

Ponca, Ok. about 9:30-10
Is it possible I could have seen this in Oklahoma? I was traveling near Ponca, Ok. about 9:30-10 o'clock and saw something like a HUGE meteor hurtling through the sky. It looked so close I thought it was going to land in a neighboring pasture.

Pittsburg, KS
I'm also in SE Kansas (Pittsburg), and was lucky enough to be setting at my south facing living room window when this went by. It was a light blue color, and at first I thought it was a flair or large firework going over. It was (I'm guessing) at about a 35 to 45 degree angle from the horizon, traveling south south west. It should have been easily seen in Tulsa, OK City, Dallas or San Antonio areas, and I don't know how far north it was visible. My first fireball. Very cool. -Anon

Anyone else witness this event?  Email:  LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

College Station, TX - I saw this one on the way from San Marcos back to College Station. It was situated low in the North East sky heading North and down. Very bright, probably the brightest I have ever seen and blue-green with some other color transitions in the beginning and at the end.