20 October 2011

Dubbo, New South Wales, Australia Meteor 19OCT2011

Dubbo, NSW, Australia Meteor sometime between 9:15-9:30 PM 19OCT2011
My name is Mrs. Meg Mckeown. I live in New South Wales, Australia. My niece and her boyfriend were chatting with me over lunch today, which here in Australia, is Thursday, October 20th. They told me that they were outside their apartment last night, Wednesday, October 19th here, and they saw a fleeting light, which flew across the night sky at approximately 9.15pm to 9.30 pm. It had a very distinct, what they described as, 'Starry Trail.' My niece found yr article, asking for notification, of any meteorite seen over yr country, as I understand to be, North America, in recent days. She gave no further thought to the sighting, because you'd specified, as she remembered, certain states in yr country. Upon further thought however, I thought I'd email, to inform you of the sighting. Our city, Dubbo, is approximately in the center of New South Wales, about 250 miles west of Sydney. My niece described the 'meteorite', as very bright, and distinct. It travelled a considerable distance, before falling to earth. Facing north, it's path was from NE to SW. I don't know if it's of any use to you, but I thought I would inform you of the sighting. Please contact me for any further information. . Yours Truly, Meg McKeown.  Thank you Meg!
We need you sighting report; thank you:
Date and Time of event? Location name (town,city) where you were when saw the meteor? Start and Stop location in sky? Direction of movement? Duration of Event (seconds)? Brightness ( in comparison with Venus, Moon, Sun) color, sounds? Photos? Videos? please email LunarMeteoriteHunter@gmail.com Your reports make it possible for all to check what they saw as well. Thank you! 2011 The Year of Meteors!