12 November 2014

VA MD Meteor 12NOV2014

VA MD Meteor Apprx. 2050 EST 12NOV2014

Check your security cameras!

Please file your meteor sightings please HERE-
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.jp/2000/11/meteor-fireball-report-form.html

Please help get the word about this event so that we might recover security camera video or cell phone captures; spread the word about this website via Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, GLP, SOTT and your favorite forums; contact your local news outlets; thank you!  Tell them about this website and event.

http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com

Initial Meteor Sighting Reports-
12NOV2014 Walter Goldschmidt Fairfax, Virginia, USA 20:46:00 1-2 seconds N, from ~45 degrees to ~20 degrees Light Green/Blue Moon No Path was straight down. I was facing directly north.

12NOV2014 Jeffrey Manassas, Va , USA 20:45,EST, PM no longer than 4-6 sec N/NW almost certainly impacted, almost straight down, I was facing North. White with green hue about the brightness of the moon no fragmentation lost visual as it entered tree line 600-700 yds away, possibly even falling into river. It entered my fried of vision quickly and defended into the tree line even faster. So fast I had to second guess what I'd seen. I look out this window 2-10 time a night. Aircraft approach IAD on final decent. And I can see the t

12NOV2014 Sandra Ehrlich Freeland, MD,USA 20:45PM aprox. very quick, eye blink or breath from S.E to N.W, bright white, no sound same as star no, but it was falling down if I had blinked I would have missed it

All meteor sighting reports can be seen here

2014 The Year of "CERTAIN Uncertainty" ™; Meteors, Asteroids, Comets, and MORE!!

No comments: